Sunday, January 25, 2009

Killebrew Canyon



Tahoe received a little storm this weekend. At Heavenly, conditions improved drastically compared to last weekend although there is still room for further improvement. I am not whining, however, since I hit the jackpot today. I took this picture from the top of a slope in Killebrew Canyon. Well, I knew that to get out of Killebrew and back to a lift it's a long, narrow, icy, uphill traverse - and indeed, it turned out as cumbersome as expected - I ended up hiking the first part, then riding a bit until I slipped below the ski boundary from where I hiked back to Mott in deep snow. But the actual run in Killebrew was divine: plenty of fresh snow with no tracks whatsoever until half way down. I enjoyed it so much that I went back to it with Demian for a second run. This time we started at a different point and there were more rocks and trees; but both times we hit the best snow the mountain had to offer and spent substantial energy to get back to the Mott lift.

No comments:

Post a Comment