Saturday, November 28, 2009

Pleasure Point

To cure a little cold, I visit Pleasure Point to take in the ocean breeze first-hand. The waves are good - in fact some of them are a little too good for me. The best wave that catches me and my board carries me all the way back to the beach, and it is strong enough that I don't think about standing up. Scenery: the moon, and the Big Sur mountains on the horizon, and the road along the cliff that leads to Pleasure Point (right).



I think this is the Hook, another surf spot that I've tried a couple of times, but it hasn't grown on me yet.



Watch how many start paddling ...



Back to Pleasure Point. I think in the late afternoon / evening it's an iconic place.



Of course, it's all about being where it breaks.



Note how the strong wind carries the splashing water a bit further than is usual.



In the warm evening light, this creates a rain of gold after every wave that you let go by.

No comments:

Post a Comment