Thursday, July 3, 2008

Johannes Henkel Plays Fernando Sor: Variations on a Theme by Mozart, Op. 9

I recorded this back in my student days, using my Linux laptop and a cheap microphone - it was a great way to relax and procrastinate after a compilation or a LaTeX run that produced a cryptic error message :-). The "Mozart Variations" is one of my favorite pieces, though admittedly I'd have to practice quite a bit to play it again, as imperfect as it was. I think the highlight is the second variation, which includes a little stretch where the guitar gets to sing in minor, with a little vibrato. In any case, I think The Internet Archive is a great final resting place for this music.

Download Fernando Sor: Variations on a Theme by Mozart, Op. 9 in various formats (including mp3 and ogg) from archive.org, or listen to it on the embedded player below.







No comments:

Post a Comment