Saturday, December 13, 2008

Perigee: The Big Full Moon

I took these two pictures outside the Googleplex this evening, thanks to the hint given by a colleague. As NASA explains, the full Moon of Dec 12 was the biggest and brightest because it's actually closest to Earth compared to all the other Moons we've seen and will see in 2008.



I like the Moon, especially when it is this shiny. However, Earth is my favorite planet because it's bigger and has a more interesting surface, and it's still superior at supporting life. Nevertheless, traveling to the moon might be entertaining: In addition to playing around in its low gravity I'd like to point my camera back at Earth to take a shot like this, but with a lot more blue and white.

1 comment:

  1. Nice, here's one we made from across the planet. :)

    http://www.indiadailyphoto.com/2008/12/13/once-in-a-blue-moon/

    ReplyDelete